Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Volkswagen Cup 2011 starts today

Last night at Sydney City Ping Pong Club we had a great small competition. Looking forward to many more in the future.

One thing that we all chatted about last night was the fact that Table Tennis was played in nearly every country in the world. I say nearly, even though I think it might possibly be "all" but I can't verify that. If you know of a country that doesn't play Table Tennis then tell me.

Some people want to find more about the International Table Tennis scene but find all the names and countries overwhelming. Well, the Volkswagen Cup is a great introduction to the world of Table Tennis. There is a limit to how many players each country can enter, so this means that there is great representation from all over the world.
Go here: http://www.ittf.com/competitions/competitions2.asp?Competition_ID=2020&category=VWcup for more information about the Volkswagen Cup, which starts today in China.

I've read conflicting reports about whether it will be streamed on the ITTF channel but there is bound to be video footage out there somewhere. I'll let you know when I find it.

Pong On!

No comments:

Post a Comment